Friday, July 23, 2010


As I reminisced through last years' vacation photos
I marveled at the wonderful weather we had!
There is nothing like poor marine conditions to make you
appreciate calm seas and clear skies!

This year, we were dealt a different weather hand.
I admit: we were frustrated.
With 4 ft sea swells and 30 mph winds,
it was tough to be out on the boat....
But. We truly kept our chin up,
focused on appreciating
God's tropical creations,
simply enjoyed hanging on together
on the island,
and made the most of our days...
despite the weather!
Sit back for shots of our fun ...
☼ ☼ ☼

On this day, the wind was whipping but we had sun!
Glorious sun!
Check out Tristan's biggest catch of the day,
The kid was *stoked*
to have caught a black grouper!
And I think he caught every grunt off the Bahia Honda bridge ☺
Ayns, patiently waiting for her brother to "finish fishing",
after he'd been at it for 6 hours straight!
When it got too rough, we fished the back country...
and explored the mangroves...

When it rained or was too windy to brave the sea,
we entertained ourselves with iguana watching
and coconuts.
Meet Wilson.

After Rod tapped into this one,
it instantly sent us into giggles.

We named him Wilson.

Windy Wilson.


That led to interesting uses for coconut hulls...

{Yes we were quite silly. Did I mention it was windy
and therefore too rough to go on the boat? ☺ }

Anyway, all that coconut peeling
attracted some friends who wanted to share...



They especially loved the coconut milk!


We strolled the back streets,
examining flora and fauna,


Good to be home, but still itchin'
to be on island time...

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

Great pictures! Great posts! Loved the visual catch-up of your summer!