Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just A Momma's Ramblings...

She's six.
Six whole years old.
Why does that seem so much different,
so much older,
than five?

There are things I don't want to forget
about Aynsley this past year.
Habits and quirks and special little things that
make her unique and spunky....reasons why we love her so.

Allow a sappy momma to share a few?

The girl is a whistler. I mean...she whistles.
And not a little.
But a lot.
As in all the time.
All the time.
She's becoming a little prayer warrior.
The girl can pray, now!
And she's been known to "throw down" with her brother
if she doesn't get to pray over dinner first.
She prays for God to help her get
"a happy face on her behavior calendar",
for her friends' hurt dog, for rain in the garden.
Got a prayer need? Call Ayns.

She is crazy about her Daddy.
They are two peas in a pod.
She reminds me often "do you know Daddy calls me princess?"
He is the first one who gets her snuggles in the morning.

She is fearless and up for everything. From new foods to new sports, she's in! I'm so proud of her enthusiastic spirit and eager willingness. She's a ton of fun!

She loves to draw. And she is darn good at it.
She tells me she intends to be an artist
"when she grows up".
I have no doubt she could do it.

My girl is a serious pack-rat. In a bad way. I couldn't begin to find the junk,
Uh, I mean treasures, she has hidden away.

Her idea of a clean bedroom
is all those treasures decoratively,
and creatively,
arranged just-so. Nevermind the dirty
clothes stuffed under the bed.
She's a bossy one.
{She absolutely could not possibly get that from me!}
Have no doubt that she keeps
her brother lined out.
And anyone else that will let her.

She is as competitive as they come. She aims to win. Win.

Yet she lets her brother beat her
at Candyland because she knows it
makes his day.


She's sweet. She's loving. She's thoughtful.

She's quick to write a thank you note when someone shows her kindness.

She's a snuggler.
She's a joy.
She has blessed me beyond my imagination.
She has taught me what I didn't know I needed to learn.
I cannot believe six years have passed.
I have got to figure out how to slow this train down.

Thanks for humoring me.

I'll gather my tear-stained hankies and go now.

1 comment:

gamegirlfbc said...

I love it Heidi. Your kids are blessed to have you saving all of these memories at the "exact" point! You and Rod are awesome parents!