Photography.
To get good pictures, I have learned that not only does it take
a good camera and a good lens, but it takes a gal knowing how to
USE the good camera and good lens.
To get good pictures, I have learned that not only does it take
a good camera and a good lens, but it takes a gal knowing how to
USE the good camera and good lens.
Therefore, since February, I have been focused (pun intended)
on improving my photography skills and learning how to use my equipment
to the best of my ability to capture really good photographs.
In the last 4 months, I have been enrolled in an intensive class
honing my skills and discussing things like aperture, shutter speed,
white balance, light metering,
and composition.
I even learned how to use a "scrim". ☺
It's been challenging and intense, but it's been a blast!
The day that I truly started to understand how to control
and composition.
I even learned how to use a "scrim". ☺
It's been challenging and intense, but it's been a blast!
The day that I truly started to understand how to control
aperture and shutter speed,
and make them work together
and make them work together
with all the other necessary components,
I did a happy dance,
and then I took this picture of the "M" set on my camera.
That day, I transitioned from shooting in automatic
I did a happy dance,
and then I took this picture of the "M" set on my camera.
That day, I transitioned from shooting in automatic
to shooting in manual
and I haven't looked back.
It was a breakthrough!

I've come a long way but I've a long way to go.
I have learned much by trial and error.
I love when my images turn out great, but
I think I learn more when they don't.
So I thought I'd share a few of the thousand pictures
and I haven't looked back.
It was a breakthrough!

I've come a long way but I've a long way to go.
I have learned much by trial and error.
I love when my images turn out great, but
I think I learn more when they don't.
So I thought I'd share a few of the thousand pictures
I've been taking lately.
I thought it was best summarized by
The Good
The Bad
and
The Ugly.
I took these butterfly shots out on Lake Istopoga
The Good
The Bad
and
The Ugly.
I took these butterfly shots out on Lake Istopoga
and I couldn't have gotten them
without my fantastic photographic assistant,
without my fantastic photographic assistant,
otherwise known as my wonderful husband.
For nearly 30 minutes, he worked the boat back and forth,
right then left, until we finally caught the butterfly as he settled in.
right then left, until we finally caught the butterfly as he settled in.
who was patient as I took his picture
Tristan caught this dragonfly in the backyard
Ok....so if those were good
(well, let's say decent),
these are
Bad.
Can you say Underexposed???? I have a ton just like it☺
and Overexposed?
{although I do like this picture}
What is it?
You mean you can't tell?
☺ he he
It's Kari Jobe.
I took it last night's concert
and was sorely disappointed that
after all I have learned
I couldn't reconcile my ISO and shutter speed
(without using flash)
to get a simple decent shot.
Oh well. Guess it's back to the books.

No comments:
Post a Comment