Tuesday, May 3, 2011

On the Eve of Mother's Day

Seven years ago, I became a mother.

I think it's unique and special that in a week's time,
I celebrate both my daughter's birthday,
marking my entry into motherhood,
and Mother's Day itself.
It kinda makes for a weepy momma truth be told.

My Aynsley.
I love to watch *and hear* her move about her space,
carrying creativity everywhere she goes.
She is never, and I mean never, without a whistle.
It's the indicator that all is well in her world.
She marvels that I, her mother, cannot whistle.
I marvel at her talents with a pencil and paper.
Her artwork amazes me.

She's feisty and stubborn. Her daddy thinks she's a born litigator.
She meets friends everywhere she travels...
I suppose she might get that from her grandfather, my Dad...
they know no strangers. It's a gift, that friendly spirit.

So she turned seven over the weekend
and we celebrated spa-style with a few of her friends.
I thought I'd share some pictures of the fun.




The Spa awaits its guests...

Goodies for our patrons...



The guests arrive and the excitement starts...



The Cake:




Many thanks to Miss Christine for her help with manicures.

The birthday girl chose lavender....

...waiting for the facial lady to quit taking pictures :)


Ayns and Em post "facial"

♫Candle time!♫








Could they be any cuter?


It was a happy birthday for Aynsley Grace and

it is a sweet Mother's Day for her momma.

4 comments:

Creating with the Kecks said...

I love the pictures of the girls in the "spa". Mo had a spa party this year for her 13th birthday and we had that very same cake. I think that Michelle is a magician with the cakes. Hope Ayns had a great birthday.

Samantha said...

I'm so impressed with all your creativity for her party. I'm going to need some help being a girly mom! I'll be calling you in about six years to coordinate something for my little sweetie! So, so, so cute!

Sarah said...

Sooo cute! LOVE the cake!

erin said...

omg!!! that cake was theeeeee cutest! And i might just rip off your whole entire idea when Big C turns 7 in Nov.!! Absolutely loved it!!