God has so blessed our church with a group of talented & God-seeking musicians that make up our praise & worship band, Caleb's Cadence. Over time, God gathered them together and has given them a unique sound unlike any other contemporary Christian band out there. He has provided them with ministry opportunities right and left and I believe He is using them and their music in a mighty way in our county and- my prediction, in His timing, -- beyond.
These guys set the bar pretty high -- through their personal life testimonies and their music, they inspire those who hear to follow God wholeheartedly--just as Caleb did. They challenge us to live out our faith daily, trusting God to direct our every step in this journey.
Last night, they opened for nationally known band "Our Heart's Hero" at a concert locally. Wow. Simply said, this group is just so good. I've included a few pix and a snippet of video from one of the songs on last night's set but I tell you what..if you haven't already, you've gotta hear them in person. In the last few years as God opens doors to play outside of the traditional church setting, they have had hundreds of people continually pay them compliment after compliment. But when lavished with such praise, I've personally heard each of them point that praise to God, giving Him every bit of credit, and saying "To God be the Glory."
They opened last night with their version of Bob Dylan's "Gotta Serve Somebody" (see video below). I was thinking - we all serve one thing or another with our time and resources, and Caleb's Cadence has made it clear who they're gonna serve and it's our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ.
I wonder... if we examined where we put our time and resources,
what would it look like we serve?
Ourselves? The World? Money? Our Career?
I believe that people are looking to see something different in Christians...they expect to see something different about Christians. Do they? Are we confusing them by what we do and say? Are we mispresenting Christ?
I don't know alot and I'm sure not perfect but I know that I want my life to be a reflection of Who I serve. Sometimes my actions and words get to lookin' a little too much like the world and not enough like Christ. Shame on me if I should make someone stumble because they didn't see Him in me.
For sure, we all serve one or the other- the song says it - "It may be the Devil or it may be the Lord" ... What does your life say about you ?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Dang, girl! I just started checking in on everybody and you've been posting up a storm!
After reading this one, I think you need to be Caleb's Cadence's publicist should they ever need one in the future.
Heidi, thanks so much for your awesome words about us!!!! You are so sweet and yes I echo the above comment in that you would make a fabulous publicist. You are really a great writer (gifted even!) You are wonderful. Love Ya!!
Post a Comment