Sunday, December 7, 2008

Good to a Momma

At 2:00 a.m. I heard Tristan's door slam indicating our newest middle-of-the-night routine was about to begin. (Apparently, the monsters that live in his closet only wake up in the wee hours of the morning and when they do, up he gets and makes the trek across the house to get me to go fight them off and tuck him back in....EVERY NIGHT!) But instead of enlisting my help this time, his big sister came to the rescue. I heard her loud whisper... "Bub, do you want to just sleep in here with me?" Why of course he did! I listened closely as they gathered up his blankie and trusty Black Bear and snuggled up in Aynsley's bed. I crept across the house to listen as they whispered back and forth about creatures lurking in the night,....lions, tigers, and bears oh my...the last thing I heard was "Bub, I sure am glad you're here". And with that, they drifted off to sleep. 6:00 the next morning I snuck in there to check on them and managed to snap this pic without waking them up.

Oh, it does a Momma's heart good!

4 comments:

Heidi S said...

What a sweet, sweet story...definitely affirmation that you are teaching them well!

Wendy said...

That is the sweetest thing!!

Jody Swaine said...

It is wonderful to see the love between Sisters and Brothers! And it does any Mama's heart good to see!

Betsy said...

How very cute. I sure hope Lilly and Gage have a special relationship like that!!