This week: a new (new to me!) use for candy canes!
Let me start by saying that this is not my original idea...I saw this in a Southern Living Christmas book and thought it was a cute idea, especially for a whimsical tablescape or children's party. Just place two candy canes together like an easel and hot glue them together. Then break a third cane into a stick and glue it to the back for support. Wa-la! A handy and fun placecard holder, menu holder, or whatever else your creative brain comes up with! For the menu holder below, I used regular sized traditional candy canes. And for the placecard holder, I tried the smaller sized ones. You could try lots of variations on this one...please share your ideas! One thing I learned in making mine is that it is helpful to make sure your canes are the same size or the balance will be off. Have fun!
Merry Christmas! And Thumbs Up!
1 comment:
Great idea!
Post a Comment