Thursday, July 2, 2009

Summer Reading & Coffee Finds

For this summer's book study selection, my girls and I chose Wild Goose Chase by Mark Batterson. So far the book is awesome and we're learning a lot!
One of the reviews describes it like this:
"Throughout the book, he (Mark Batterson) identifies the different cages that
we get stuck in that hinder us from living the life that God desires for us
and fulfilling the purposes He has planned.
These cages are: responsibility, routine, assumption, guilt, failure, and fear.
Not only does he identify the cages,
but he offers some practical (and often challenging) advice
for how to break out of them"
To chat through the chapters and discuss chasing The Goose
(as well as lots of other wild geese, perhaps better described as rabbits :-))
we've met at Starbucks for both meetings and have had such a great time.
And what a great book!

While there this week I bought my new favorite thing
and so I must share it with you......

At first glance you might think this is just a plain plastic cup from Starbucks...
but it's actually an insulated cup - kinda like a Tervis Tumbler ...
it's perfect to hold all my iced mochas this summer.
A simple thing makes a gal happy.
Godly Girlfriends + Good Book + Coffee = My Kind of Summer

1 comment:

gamegirlfbc said...

Hey Heidi--I just "caught up" on your summer! Happy Anniversary(ours was seven too this year) and I also love my Wally!
You and Heidi S have inspired me, excellent ideas and goals for summer!