What keeps going through my head is one of the opening lines from
the movie "Finding Nemo"....
"it's the first day of school !!, it's the first day of school !!"
But anyway.....
Drop-off went well! No tears. No tugs on my leg.
Just happy, excited smiles.
And fresh new notebooks and crayons, clean desks, and surprise lunches!
I admit I've been more than ready for school to start...
they were starting to get restless at home and needed serious stimulation -
each in their own individual environments!
But now the house is quiet and it's sinking in that
my baby has started kindergarten.
Scratch what I said about no tears.
I already miss them.
In five minutes, T-man's shirt had already become disheveled.
And he insisted on holding the straps to his backback like that...
he feared it would fall off. :-)
I drew them each a heart on their hand as a reminder
each time they see it that Momma loves them.
Tristan called it his tattoo.
Now. On to find some Kleenex.

2 comments:
I had to get the tissues too just reading it! They look excited tho!
All morning yesterday I was singing that in my head too, "First day of School...First Day of School!" Your children looked adorable on their first day!
Post a Comment