Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Weekend

A relaxing, restful, largely fun, and mostly kid-free weekend...this description alone likely tells how fantastic it was! We took the kids with us to Rod's annual FCA Conference at the Gaylord Palms Resort but they only stayed with us the first night before heading to Gran & Pop's for a rainy Fay weekend. A few highlights below.....

Date Night #1: Sushi. This past year, Gaylord added an additional restaurant to their 4 1/2 acre atrium. For Rod and I, Gaylord as a destination went from great to wonderful with the addition of SORA, since we are big sushi fans.



Day #2 without children and while Rod is in continuing ed: The Spa.
Awesome.
I refrained from photo taking --just didn't seem like the thing to do. :-) The Canyon Ranch Spa is top notch. Of course, I had to leave my right arm to pay for my services....it's definitely a luxury. We decided that next time, we're going to do the spa thing together...complete with His and Hers robes!


Date Night #2 - Old Hickory Steakhouse. After having dined here a couple times, Rod and I have come to the conclusion that this place is on our list of Top 5 in the fine dining category. I would rank it up there with Bern's in Tampa. Atmosphere A+. Service A+. Food quality A+.
I wasn't going to take pictures on date night but when the dessert arrived, I simply had to...I knew my coffee loving friends would truly appreciate this coffee service ...


French press, condiments including brown sugar and chocolate curls....need I say more?
Chocolate souffle with chocolate anglaise and berries...

A Happy Couple

Many thanks to Dad & Barb for taking great care of our kids while we enjoyed some couple time!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Oh My Gosh - the COFFEE...and then I scrolled down and saw the desset...Oh My...

Sounds like a much needed weekend for TWO! How Fun!