....we've been hanging out down in the bayou
- at Crocodile Dock that is-
it's been Vacation Bible School week for us and we have had a ball!
to learn about God and how much He loves them. Singing, dancing, snacking, crafting, laughing - you name it - and we've done it all SWAMP STYLE!
Take a look ......
These pictures simply do not do it justice but here's the main stage, complete with boat,
And here's where I spent most of my time - The Snack Shack.
Thank you, thank you, to my hubby who helped me take the vision in my head and make it into a reality. I wanted the kids to walk into something that felt like a dimly-lit shack
they stumbled upon in the bayou -
this is where they've come everyday to create and then munch their snack of the day.
T gettin' down with it....
Thank you, Miss Dawn!- for your constant smile, for your energy and enthusiasm, and for teaching our kids how fun it is to worship and praise God! We have appreciated you!

Ayns and her friend Taylor:
Other Non-VBS news around our house this week....
a sampling of today's harvest:
And don't let these next two confuse you...you are not looking at pictures from two months ago- I took these this week. It seems that Momma Dove has made a return visit. We believe it is the same bird and if I could be so crude....a lazy one at that! She has laid eggs in her old nest in our orchid basket...apparently building a new nest is not a requirement for new chicks. I don't know tons about bird habits but I always held a belief that they would not return to a nest to lay eggs...that they would build a new one...not so for this dove I suppose. Interesting for sure. Rod discovered her presence early in the week and at that time she had laid one egg. When I checked yesterday we had a second. So now we're back to our old pastime of bird watching.
that's our week in a nutshell! Whew!
It was a blast!
....and now we're set for some R&R this weekend!







2 comments:
Thank you for all of your hard work this week. All of the kids in our group had a wonderful time.
Cute pictures, Heidi!! Thank you! You did an awesome job relating all the yummy snacks with the Bible stories. No one organizes like you!!
Post a Comment