WHAT DOES THE FOLLOWING EQUATION EQUAL?
BAG OF CHEERIOS + STRING + KIDDOS =
A FUN, QUIET CAR ACTIVITY SURE
TO LAST FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR
Several years ago, I came upon this idea in a magazine to help keep little ones occupied on long car trips. And since lots of us are traveling about for vacation, I thought this would be a timely Two-Thumbs-Up tip! Whether you and your kids/grandkids are traveling by plane, train, or automobile, here's something they can do to busy their hands and minds while practicing their fine motor skills at the same time.
This has been tested on my two kiddos and they love it. I give them each a snack bag full of Cheerios (get the plain ones...not Honey Nut or other sugar coated ones...it gets sticky as they finger it) and one very long string (thread is best, or ribbon - whatever. Use something waterproof - I used green raffia once as that's what I had closest by and the color from the dye started fading onto the cheerios....yuck). Tie the string in a big knot on one end so when they thread the cheerios on, they won't fall off on the other end. The goal is for them to make their own edible necklace. Or bracelet, or whatever their little imaginations come up with. Tristan said his was a sword. ?
This has been tested on my two kiddos and they love it. I give them each a snack bag full of Cheerios (get the plain ones...not Honey Nut or other sugar coated ones...it gets sticky as they finger it) and one very long string (thread is best, or ribbon - whatever. Use something waterproof - I used green raffia once as that's what I had closest by and the color from the dye started fading onto the cheerios....yuck). Tie the string in a big knot on one end so when they thread the cheerios on, they won't fall off on the other end. The goal is for them to make their own edible necklace. Or bracelet, or whatever their little imaginations come up with. Tristan said his was a sword. ?
When they get all the cheerios on, they can eat them off! Keeps 'em busy. :-)
Here are some pics of my two in route & hard at work:
Let me know if it works for you! Happy Traveling!

No comments:
Post a Comment