Friday, September 4, 2009

Tristan This Week

I've been really reveling in my boy this week - he has so many little quirks lately so I thought I'd write a few down to remember...

For the last two weeks when he gets home from school, he quickly changes out of his school uniform and puts on what has become his "home uniform". It's the same every day (and I do mean every. day.), and it does not matter if one of the articles is dirty in the laundry hamper...it still gets worn that day.

1. Green John Deere t-shirt

2. last-year's-too-short-Wrangler's

3. cowboy boots

4. one of his guns - usually the camo "rifle", strapped on him with whatever tie or rope he can scrounge up.


That was the case every day until Wednesday. Wednesday I paid a visit to the shoe store to get new tennis shoes for he and Ayns. He was desperately in need...his foot is up 2 sizes since the spring. At least for the time being, the boots have been traded in for the new Nike's as part of the routine "home uniform". That might change when the new-ness wears off. But for now, it looks like this:



He says the new Nike's make him run super fast so after he first tried them on, he demonstrated the fastness for me, as pictured above.


Other quirks?


He has taken a liking to browsing through men's catalogs. For example, when the new Cabela's or Bass Pro Shops catalog arrives, he sits down with it and examines each page, commenting on what a big gun, what a big buck, what a big fishing rod. Do you think he is all boy or what? He reminds me of me as a child, when the new Sears & Roebuck catalog came in the mail, diligently going through the toy section, dreaming of all the newest toys, & circling favorites to add to the never-ending wish list. Did anybody else do that?


So I had to get the camera out when he climbed in my bed at 6:45 Friday morning, fresh out of bed and barely awake but dragging the Cabela's catalog with him.

I decided to bring along an additional passenger to pick the kids up from school Friday. Thought it'd be a great surprise. And it was. Had I not been driving, I'd have gotten a shot of Tristan and Jack curled up in the far back seat like long lost buddies. He loves that dog.

And he still watches TV like this with his arms folded up beneath his little noggin...

Lovin' my boy this week....


1 comment:

gamegirlfbc said...

What a little cutie and yes, I also dog eared and circled what I wanted in the Sears catalogue. All I could think of when I read this was, he is going to give you "heck" one day for making this public.haha. JC still gets mad at me (he chose it, not me) of his wranglers, cowboy hat, haircut, boots, etc. He swears he would never have picked that!! haha And is humiliated that there are photos (lots of them) haha.