Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Glamorous Saturday. Not.

Ah, maintenance. We can't avoid you.
Today: Pressure Cleaning the House and Deck. A big job.
And now that we're on the backside of the chore, I admit it....it just about whipped us.
We are tired. Exhausted. Layed out for the day. Not good for much else.
I'm not sure how long it's been since our last pressure cleaning job. Likely an entire year. I really have no idea how often you're supposed to do such. {We figure once/twice a year is the most we can hope for anyway.} But it must've been a year because my poor windows were just darn duuur-ty, ya'll. Terrible. And the deck, well, the deck was plain gross.
So I was thinking...
Now that my house is clean, {scratch that. the outside of my house is clean}, it's plum fit to throw a party. Hmmm!
So if you should come to my house, as you approach the front entryway, please do make sure to make all over the LACK of spider webs, dirt daubers, frog and lizard mess, and general grime. Feel free to tell us how absolutely SPARKLING the brick mortar looks, and please, please travel out back to the deck and tell me that you SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE the difference ---have no shame in marveling at the LACK of algae growth.
Ok, well, all that may be a bit much. But please take note that, even though my baseboards inside are begging, begging for a wipe down, the soffit is ah-maaazing!
Back to the deck, today's serious cleaning did away with one of my first DIY projects when we first moved in. Right after Rod (and Poppie) built the deck, I decided to paint a "rug" onto the deck in the "dining area". It was a tremendous pain in the neck to do-I'll be honest- but I loved it and have grown attached to it....it weathered through many hurricanes and several scorching summers. Here is the before pic-before Rod the Rigorous ripped through with his water wand....

Sadly, it is no more.
Hubby asked me if I was going to stain it again. But I don't think I can do it because I simply have no time....
After all, if I'm going to throw a party, I've got to get to those baseboards. Geez-Louise!!!!

No comments: