The sun is shining. The breeze is cool. And I'm happy to be up out of bed and taking it all in! It's the simple things you appreciate after a bout with a tummy bug -the likes of which has plagued my household these last days. Misery is the best word to describe our first week in the New Year. Somehow I manage to ring it in with some type of illness and this year is no different than previous. But today, the song playing in my head is ♫"I can see clearly now...the rain is gone. I can see all obstacles in my way.... It's gonna be a bright, bright sun-shiny day!"♫
Now that I have a bit of energy back, I look around this house of mine and see plenty of obstacles....I am convinced it's gonna take me at least a couple of weeks to get caught up. I read recently that one should not add more than 7 things to their to-do list because more than 7 and the brain gets overwhelmed. Huh. I can tell you that there are more than 7 items on my list for this morning alone. And I feel TOTALLY OVERWHELMED.
My basic list includes stuff like putting away Christmas (including here in blog land), tackling the growing pile of laundry, sucking up dust bunnies that are practically laughing at me, and scooping up the tens of Polly Pocket heads that somehow got in/around my bed.
Then there's the To-Do in the New Year list which includes more in-depth chores like organizing/cleaning out my cupboards (AGAIN!) and going through the kids' dresser and toy drawers. I'm not gonna bore you with the other lists that are stacking up here at my desk. I figure if I limit each list to just 7 items, then I'll feel less overwhelmed. Right?
As with all lists, though, I've got to prioritize - the Tyranny of the Urgent, ya know.
So.... while I'd love to blog about fun stuff like our trip to the Magic Kingdom, how excited I am about Project Life, and the "new year ideas" hatching in my head, I've first got to tend to some things on THE LIST that get higher priority. Things like writing a syllabus for my Business Law class, which starts tomorrow!, and disinfecting my house so that we can still see clear sunny skies ahead!!
Have a great day, friends! I'll be back later to chat!

1 comment:
Heard about the sickness sweeping the Head and Davis family. Us Tampa folk haven't been hit yet, and hopefully won't! UGH.
Good luck with the to do lists. Mine is three pages long and have accomplished 0.
Post a Comment