Sunday, April 18, 2010

Simply A Great Weekend

My man and I headed to
Amelia Island Plantation this weekend.
Sans kids.
Yes, just us.
A quiet and relaxing weekend,
complete with no arguments
over who gets to go first in Candyland.
That, in and of itself, makes for refreshment.

But back to the Plantation...
what a beautiful and serene destination!
Here are a few pics to show you what I mean...

This was the view from our balcony.
On the far left, notice the teeing ground
for the 6th hole on the golf course.
Loved all the paths meandering through
the landscape.
The 6th green was directly beneath us.
See the wedding going on to the far left?

So that was the view-ocean side.
Out the front door, however,
was a completely different world....
live oaks, brick paths, salt marsh, wildlife...



I took this shot at dinner
and the camera phone just doesn't
do the scallops justice.
Trust me when I tell you they looked
and tasted heavenly.

But I had to break out the camera
for Rod's trio of cheesecakes...

The perfect start to Sunday...

Now, don't think it was just us two lovebirds having all the fun....



{Many thanks-Pop & Gran & crew- and Sarah, as always, I am appreciative of your pics!}

Simply a Great Weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

i love amelia island! YUMMMY cheesecake!!!!!