Wednesday, April 28, 2010

We're Farmers!

Well, ok, we grew a few peas and such.


But last night we cooked green beans
from our garden
and it sure felt like we were farmers!





There is something seriously satisfying about
eating that which you have grown.


This is our first real success at this vegetable garden thing.
And I think we're addicted.
It's been our main entertainment this Spring!
{ that and bird watching but I can't get into that cause I'm too sad:( }
So now we're discussing what summer crops to plant.

I foresee messes of okra in our future.


Now about those peas....



they are sa-weet!

These two go together like
peas and carrots, don't they...
{ha!}


but seriously, the carrots are yummy too ...

I peeked in on some garden gab:
And this has nothing to do with the garden other than
T was sitting right outside of it, but I'm
tossing it into the post simply 'cause I like it. ☺

5 comments:

Heidi S said...

In all of my imaginations about myself, I so want to be a gardener, green-thumby kind of person. I truly do. Somehow, though, I can't seem to make a simple plant stay alive on my back porch. I envy you with all of garden fresh pictures and your fresh pickin's for supper!

The Stivender Family said...

great garden and great pics!!

Spencer Girl said...

I agree with Heidi...want to make things grow. Or maybe just keep things alive when I get them already grown. That would be a good start for me.

Heidi said...

Girls...just so ya know...I have killed MANY a plant trying different growing techniques - I guess what I'm saying is, metaphorically speaking, I've kissed a lot of frogs. ☺

Heidi S said...

So there's still hope for me? I'll hold on to that hope for the possibility of a future harvest!