Sunday, November 23, 2008

Follow-Up




A couple weeks ago, I posted about the 10K in Celebration that Heidi S. and I were headed to.....I was just browsing through my blog and discovered I never posted a follow-up! I read Heidi S.'s post about it and I guess I only posted in my mind..... Oops!


Bottom Line= We had great fun! From the Starbucks' Mochas (all sixteen of them), to the shopping extravaganza, to the finish-line smiles, we enjoyed every minute of our weekend away.
When I returned home to my family, the kids promptly questioned me "Mom, did you win?"
I smiled and with a twinkle in my eye, replied "Of course, I did, honey!" And I did feel like a winner. It was a brisk morning of 48 degrees, the course was through beautiful and quaint downtown Celebration, and I felt alive!


So much fun did we have that we have both signed on for the Inaugural Disney Princess Half-Marathon in March. 13.1 miles. Yes, I know. We are indeed crazy. Any other crazy's out there that want to join us? Bonny? Denise? Granny B.J.?


Here are a couple action shots from the Founder's Day 10K (6.2 miles):


Don't let that time clock above my head fool you...I ran it in 1:09!


We Did It!

Forgive me for my blogging delay (I'm sure you were waiting on the edge of your seat to hear the results!)

No comments: