Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Tuesday Again!





This week: Emergen-C



I'm feeling a bit under the weather today....actually we all our. Seems we are doing battle with The Common Cold. For that reason, I just took my 3rd packet of EmergenC, looked down at the box and thought...."Ah-Ha! Thumbs Up Tuesday!"


My family loves this product. We fondly refer to it as "Fizzies". Emergen C is a dietary supplement that is packed with good stuff to help your body work like God created it to work....1,000 mg of Vitamin C (in a form that your body can process easily) along with 32 mineral complexes and B vitamins. This is not your average vitamin, folks! If you'd like to research it further, you can go to the website at http://www.emergenc.com/.


It's a powder inside the packet (32 packets come in a box) and you dump it into a small glass then pour a small amount of water in it. (I use a tiny bit, like 1/16 cup) You can hear the fiz as the powder dissolves! Then down the hatch like a shot. I take a packet every day and on days like today, when I can tell my immune system is low, I take several packets.


My father is convinced that his daily dose of EmergenC is what prevents him from the common cold, etc. year round. He loves this stuff so much that for Christmas last year, we ordered him an entire case of it .... a year supply! I second his notion because when we feel puny, we up our dosage and it seems to help our bodies fight off the yuckies! My stepmom takes it regularly as an energy booster...she swears by it too.


I know there are similar products on the market these days and I have tried them and not found them to be effective. Airborne for example. I have tried it several times but have not been impressed. And a comparison of the labels reveals that EmergenC is a better daily multi-vitamin.


Our kids like it too. They make a special formula for kids but I usually just give mine 1/2 a packet of the regular stuff.

It comes in several flavors. Our favorite is Tangerine. Where can you get it? You can buy it at health food stores but it just so happens that Davis Chiropractic sells it too!


Try it for yourself!


4 comments:

Jody Swaine said...

Think it'll help us make it to the end of the race in Disney...Cinderella! Ha! I can't wait and I think this product sounds great too, thanks.

Love & Laughs,
Jody

Danielle said...

Heidi, I second your recommendation of EmergenC! My job takes me on a LOT of travel and I always always always take the little packets of health with me when I go. It does give me energy and it does help me stay healthy. Tangerine is my favorite flavor as well. Three cheers for EmergenC!

Stacy said...

Thanks Heidi,

I was thinking the other day that I always get worn out this time of year working in the classroom with 1st graders and all the energy it takes. So, saying to myself, I wonder if I started taking vitamins again, maybe I can get some energy back. Well, off to the store for some EmergenC!!
Thanks!
Stacy

Katie said...

Hmmm...I may have to get some. I take a Vitamin B Complex and it really seems to boost my energy and I've noticed that I don't seem to get that cold...when everyone else around me does. :)