You know how when you make a S'more with standard Hershey's bars, the chocolate never quite melts and so you bite into that gooey bliss of roasted marshmellow but then abruptly your teeth find that hard, cold, unmelted piece of chocolate right in the middle. It's something that has always bothered me and I've tried to find solutions....I've tried cutting the chocolate in half, so it melts quicker, softening the chocolate by pre-melting it, etc. etc. But last night during our S'more's fest, Rod and I tried something that quite literally changed our lives. Instead of a regular piece/bar of chocolate, we inserted a Reece's peanut butter cup.
Oh. My. Goodness.
Because a Reece's cup is naturally soft, it just melted between 2 (yes, 2) roasted marshmellows.
I was so impressed with this gooey mess that I snapped a photo of it. Sorry it isn't perfectly focused...I didn't have time to worry with it- I was too excited to dive in!
You just won't believe how good it is. Should you be one of those rare persons who does not care for peanut butter cups, don't worry...you really don't notice the flavor of PB...it kinda fades into the concoction.
You understand now why I could not wait until Tuesday, I'm sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment