Sunday, November 15, 2009

Project(s) Completion

It took me a couple of weekends {and several aching muscles} but I transformed a weed-filled bed into a new play area for the kids. Nothing quite like that feeling of completing a long-time-coming-project. ☺

This raised bed off our deck came in handy for our spring garden but most of the last year it has housed several unhappy azaleas that desperately needed digging up and an incredibly varied crop of weeds. For your comparison pleasure... Before....

And After...





None of the items are new....just cleaned up and repositioned into a freshly cleaned and newly mulched area.

And, because many of you have heard me talk {okay, complain} about varnishing the picnic table this week, either on the blog or in person, I thought I'd show you the finished product:

Now........ on the seventh day.........

REST!



2 comments:

Heidi S said...

What a great play spot! Great job on all of your hard work!

Sarah said...

The only thing missing from that new play area is Berkley. He misses his favorite kiddies!