Friday, December 18, 2009





Our Roddy turned 40 this week so we had 40 fantastic reasons to celebrate!

The kids and I conspired [ ok, I conspired, they helped :-) ] to shower him with small surprises throughout his workday - intended to be constant reminders of how much he is loved. I called it A Day of Forties and it started with a delivery of 40 Balloons to fill his office. Next...a special gold box filled with 40 slips of paper listing reasons why we love him so. The kids and I wrote them out one by one - the kids really got into it, naming all the things that make Daddy the best. I heard things like "He makes the best swings", "He takes me to school", "He lets me ride up front in his truck", and the best..."He lets me pick out candy at the store!"

It was a fun day, filled with love and laughter, chocolates & coffee (40 sips of his fave Starbucks), and even a surprise drop-in visitor with guitar in hand for 40 notes.....
as in ♫"Happy Birthday to You"♫


Here are some pics from his birthday dinner party...



His birthday orchid from Emmy:


By his special request, a Guava Cheesecake:


1 comment:

Spencer Girl said...

What a sweet wife you are! He is a lucky, lucky man.