Though the stockings are put away, the tree is still lit and the poinsettias still happily greet me. And if you look closely, you'll find bits of wrapping paper still on my floor. And, Ok, I'll admit it-Christmas carols are still ringing on my ipod. {You know I love 'em.} But all that will slowly fade as the New Year gets closer. Yes, it's only days away. And I'm anticipating it with glee.
I just love this time of year. A blank calendar. A fresh beginning. My mind just whirls about, making one to-do list after another. Be it short-term projects or year-long goals, that excitement and hope of what is to come is invigorating!
I haven't transferred calendars yet {call me a nerd, but it's a task I love to do!} but already the wheels of change are turning in my mind. The lists to be made...self -improvements I intend to make, goals I want to accomplish, challenges I want to take on...Oh My!.... the mental lists I've been constructing are systematically making their way to paper. God knows I love a list!
So what about you? Been thinkin' 'bout the new year? Better question ....been thinkin' bout what you want to DO in the new year?
You've heard it....New Year, New You. ☺
Earlier today I quoted Aynsley a favorite saying....I told her, "Aynsley, one thing is for sure...if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep gettin' what you're gettin' ."
No comments:
Post a Comment