Sunday, December 13, 2009


What is a Christmas Experience? Well....that's a long, old, family story, but for here, I'll just tell you that basically, it's a Christmas baking session. And it's fun. Last year I decided to bring it back to life and hosted the ladies of my family to do a little holiday baking. We had a ball. So naturally this year we did it again! I love it that my Aynsley, along with her cousins, get a bit of cookie baking instruction from their great-grandmother, my Granny Pete. She, along with my mom and aunt, have logged in many an hour in front of their ovens and had much to share. Here are a few pics of our time on a Sunday afternoon. A holly jolly Sunday afternoon.

A group shot of last year's Christmas Experience to greet my guests upon their arrival...

Granny Pete starting her tutorial...

{note the little BOY at the end of the table who popped his head in for some cookie action. He surprised me by thoroughly enjoying rolling and cutting and lasted longer than I expected before trotting off to find Daddy outside}

Molly Marie (the youngest at age 3) loved it. She was cute as a button in her apron & floured hands...
Try as we may, it was difficult to keep little hands out of mouths. ☺

My cousin Donna and her oldest, Andee.

My Aunt Deb and Donna's youngest, Mattie.

My mom and T man hard at work...



The girls with a small sampling of the finished product.

Yum.

2 comments:

Spencer Girl said...

Adorable! What a great tradition to continue with your families!

Creating with the Kecks said...

My sister and I did that when we were kids, and we have lots of fun memories.