There are only a few empty photo sleeves in the big book......
I just can't believe it.
I mean, I know that time flies by. But somehow I assumed it would seem to go by slower with this picture-a-day-challenge. It hasn't. We have come to the end of 2009 and I just don't know where the year went!
A clever idea. A simple format. A beautiful scrapbook complete.
(well, God-willing, complete in three days!)
The Project was all that I thought it'd be and more.
Fun. Hectic. Thought-provoking. Conversation-starting. Demanding. Rewarding.
I am terribly pleased with the end result of this Project! And here's a head's up....if I should see you in person in the next few weeks, expect me to drag it out and show it off!
{If you're lost right about now, then you'll need to click HERE to catch up}
What fun we have had memorializing this year! Some days we didn't know what to take a picture of - other days we couldn't narrow down which picture would get into the book. Most days I took the shots. Some days the kids took the shots. And many days we marveled at the use of the self-timer! Some days not a lot happened out of the ordinary and so our P.O.T.D. was a shot of us simply doing "nothing". Sometimes we had to enlist the help of family, friends, and even strangers to complete our task. A few times, that led to an explanation of the Project which led to other conversations. So, we made a few friends along the way. ☺ We did our best to capture our adventures and our "down-time", our sicknesses and our strengths, our chores, and our challenges, and a enormous amount of family fun time! We compiled our book of memories together and had a lot of laughs doing it. And I cannot wait to go back through it and reminisce! I haven't allowed myself to flip through the book - no, not yet. But I think it'll be a great New Year's activity - kind've a year in review!
So what now? Well....
Project Life! Yep, we're doing it again! Only, it's a tad different. And since the New Year is just upon us, YOU can do it too!
The same gal that created P365 has created a sequel of sorts. Go here for more info and details.
Basically it's like p365 but not necessarily every day. It's a bit more flexible. But it could be used for daily use-I'll probably have a hybrid...nearly daily. My book hasn't come in yet - I am looking for it any day now. (Heidi S, any FedEx emails?)
As soon as it arrives, I'll be sure to share it!
Project Life, here we come!
3 comments:
Heidi, I'm so proud of you for finishing 365. Take it from someone who didn't make it out of February, it is truly an accomplishment. And since my camera has taken a dive it's looking like 2010 won't be my 365 year either.
Give yourself a big pat on the back for finishing up an ENTIRE year in pictures! It's going to be so neat to go back and reminisce on all that you've done in 2009.
so neat!! I didn't do P365 but wish I would have. 2009 was a little hectic - but that's no excuse as 2010 will be no different (well, there will be no new baby in July, but something else will replace the hectic-ness of new baby I'm sure).
I can't order a Project Life kit - she says they're going to start selling on Amazon but you can't find them there either. Did you already get yours? online or in a store? this sounds so fun!
Silver lining of our crappy fall (basement flooding, mold infestation, subsequent sump pump, and eventual basement re-finishing) is that I'm getting a CRAFT ROOM!! So i anticipate having a BIT more time and space to be creative. What a great way to start :)
Post a Comment