Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's here, it's really here!


I've been waiting on this package to arrive since I ordered it on Jan. 1. I practically stalked the UPS man in my neighborhood. Inside that box is my Project 365 kit.
I. am. so. excited!
Thank you Heidi S. and Amy for finding this and pointing it in my direction.

Here's the deal:


There is this wonderfully creative chick named Becky Higgins who designs scrapbooking kits for a company called Creative Keepsakes. If you're into scrapbooking, you've heard of it. She came up with an idea that is SO the reason I started this blog. Her thought was this: We take photos and special occasions - birthdays, holidays, school programs, vacations- but what about the rest of the days of our year? What about EVERYDAY LIFE?--the 365 days of regular stuff; like running errands, goofin' off with the kids, pizza night, the list goes on and on and on.
(You can read lots more about the Project on her blog-she explains it better than me--click here and then click on the December 2008 link.)


But basically it goes like this. You take a picture every single day. Doesn't matter of what. It could be lunch out with a friend, it could be of your kids brushing their teeth before school. Or if it's a super slow day, it could be a shot of the sun going down from the view of your back door. Get it? A view of your life every single day of the year. So in the end, you'd see just exactly what a year of your life looked like. Such a simple but fantastic idea. I like it so much because that's the line of thinking I had when I named my blog. Capturing our daily moments.



So this gal Becky designed a kit to help organize all those pictures and journaling cards in a creative but simplistic way. I'm just about to open up that box pictured above and dig in. :-)



In the weeks to come, I plan to occasionally post my picture of the day on here. Heidi S. over at Livin' & Lovin' is doing the project with me so you can check out her layouts too as we go along. Already, we are having so much fun with this- today Heidi & I met our friend Jody for coffee to discuss & make travel plans for our upcoming 1/2 marathon. So, we took a picture and it will likely be both Heidi and I's pic of the day today.
So, without further ado, I'm off to open my box and start my Project! Night -Night!

No comments: