Friday, February 26, 2010

Because we're experiencing a cold spell today,
Field Day was held indoors...bummer!...
but it didn't seem to dampen the kids' energy level or excitement.
{Though Aynsley is still asking me
"when do I get to sprint the 100 yard dash!"
She's been practicing all year!}

They had to alter the "events" a bit due to the change in venue...
instead of sprinting, we had block balancing.
Instead of slow pitch softball,
we had a hula hoop relay. Great fun!

Aynsley's class/team were the K5 Flames....

And Tristan's class were the Darling Dinos.
And darling they were.
Here are T and his friend Mallory....
I could eat.her.up. Adorable.

Bean bag tossing:

Over/Under passing:
Block balancing:
{"Can I start now!?"}
The fun also included the Marble Treasure Hunt,
& the standing broadjump-Tristan's favorite.
So fun! Of course, there were ribbons given for
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
And A & T each took home 3 ribbons,
but I'm not sure if they considered the ribbons the prize
or that they were able to get their faces painted, the prize.





We celebrated with a Happy Meal and a smile!

2 Cheers for Field Day...
3 Cheers for Friday!

No comments: