= Our Weekend
Despite our annoyance that we hadn't done it sooner,
we decided that this weekend was the weekend to plant our Spring garden.
Honestly, we should've had many of our seeds in the ground weeks ago
but sometimes, keeping up with the laundry is the best we can do.
Neverminding our tardiness, we forged ahead, tilled the land,
sowed the seeds, and tonight's rain watered things in nicely.
So what does that have to do with cow dung and a donkey?
We paid a visit to Nannie & Poppie's to pick up
what we hope will be the secret ingredient for successful crops in our garden...
good 'ole cow manure.
But before heading out to pasture,
Now, about that donkey....
Meet Patches:
The friendliest donkey I've ever seen.
{Now that I think of it, I'm not sure
I've ever spent much time around a donkey,
but Patches seems pretty friendly to me.}
Patches is actually the pet of cousin Addie & Logan but due to his wandering ways,
he is spending some time (more like time-out!)
with the cows right now.
So he was part of the fun of dung gathering and right up in the action.
Back to the garden.
Here's where the elbow grease came in...
After we got the seeds in the ground, we needed to mark our rows.
I told Aynsley to make us a few signs to indicate what was planted where.
That was all I told her.
You guessed it...
Mustard Greens.
And in case you couldn't read it, you could always tell what it is
by that yellow mustard on the leaf there. ☺
I'm still in stitches over this one.
And of course, carrots.
So now we'll just wait.
Nothing helps teach patience quite like a garden.


3 comments:
Great pictures! I love the one of Aynsley swinging...how she's the only one in focus. And, the close up of the cow...very Pioneer Woman-ish!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first picture of Aynsley. You must do something with that. It is just so neat. Sounds like a fun weekend.
ditto the swing pictures of them. cool.
Post a Comment