Wednesday was the 100th Day of school and Aynsley's kindergarten class did a whole lot of celebrating to commemorate the special day. Fun!
As part of their math grade, they were assigned a 100th Day Project, in which they were to create a unique display or collection of 100 objects. All of their projects were displayed in the 100th Day Museum-- parents + the rest of the school got to swing by and see the "exhibits". Those kids were so creative...I was impressed!
Aynsley shares a love of flowers with her momma (and Emmy!) so naturally, she chose to do something with flowers. We spent time brainstorming with Daddy about all the possibilities using flowers and decided on creating a "flower bloom" using 100 PETALS.
As you would expect, Tristan wanted to be right up in the whole thing.
First, she had to count out 100 petals. She put them into 10 groups of 10 and tallied 'em up to be certain she had 100!
Starting step three....
I dotted the hot glue and she applied the petals, one by one, until her design resembled a real daisy. After we got all the petals on, she made the stem and leaves out of clay to complete the "flower". Drum roll please................... Aynsley's 100th Day Project:
100 Petals
She really did a good job and I'm proud of her! We had a lot of fun!
{thank you Emmy for the daisies!}
Another assignment for the students was to commit to memory
*Psalm 100* Wow!
You can hear her recitation below:
2 comments:
love all that crafty, creativeness!!
I love the sweetness and innocence of her recital especially with the missing tooth, it makes it all the more sweeter. :) I am seriously praying for Abby-Lynn to go to Lakeview next year!
Post a Comment