Yesterday I made cupcakes for the kiddos valentines.
I tried a new recipe from Paula Deen and was very pleased --
they turned out moist, surprisingly chocolately, and the perfect combo
to my cream cheese icing.
In fact, the only problem is now the extras need to be eaten.
Need to be eaten. ☺
Here's the recipe:
Like I said, I was surprised with their mild chocolate flavor...there is cocoa powder
in the recipe but I guess I just expected different...try 'em yourself!
The following is my mother's recipe and it makes anything (ANYTHING)
taste delicious. Cake, pie, even chicken liver.
Well, I can't say I've tried that but I'm telling you....it's good.
Cream Cheese Icing
1 8 oz package softened cream cheese (use a quality name brand!)
1/2 stick softened butter
1 box 10X sugar
a lil' pure vanilla extract (again....quality!)
Cream the butter and then add the cream cheese.
Add the sugar and the vanilla.
Try not to eat it by the spoonful.
Packaged up to send to take to school:
And this has nothing to do with cupcakes,
but this is what I found this morning
when I came to the kitchen to pour my coffee ...
I heart that man. ♥
1 comment:
You can send some of those extras my way!
Post a Comment