When I started this blog, I named it "Everyday Life". For the most part, daily life around here is happy and silly and full of laughter. But in these last few days, daily life seems to be about reflection, prioritizing, and just plain gettin' by. Never before have I so fully realized that Everyday Life is also about loss. And sad it has made me. Mason was a dear old friend, a one-of-a kind, and he will be sorely missed by many, many of us. I sit here with streaming tears wrestling with the disbelief and the absolute heartache I feel for Tracee and the kids.
In all of it, I keep remembering that God is good, and it is all the time. We've no idea the wonderful things He has planned down the road for a grieving family and friends. He used Mason in a mighty way on this earth and I'm learning that in trials and tragedy, He will strengthen us and teach us many lessons through it.
For several weeks on this blog, you have been listening to Buffett play a favorite song of mine. It happens to be a favorite of Mason's too. I was about to change the playlist last week but have decided to hold off - when you hear these tunes, remember Mason and the fine man he was-and most importantly, remember to lift up his family in prayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment