Hermie and Sebatian.
That's what Aynsley named the new crabs. I thought it rather creative --
can you tell she's a Little Mermaid fan?
(for those of you without young children, Ariel's crab friend is named Sebastian)
We put together the "crab house" , complete with wire to climb on, pebbles to walk on, and of course the coconut shelter. I think their house may be too crowded but I wanted to make use of all that Pop gave us. (Did I mention he even gave us a book all about taking care of hermit crabs?) We've taken good care - watered and fed them daily. At first, they were active little creatures, scampering around like nobody's business. They climbed to the top of the cage and would've escaped had the hatch not been shut. But the last few days we've seen no movement. I told Rod - "they're dead." He assured me that they were not but apparently needed some TLC.
So today after VBS, I got them out of their cramped quarters and set them up on a cork pad for some exercise (yes, this accessory also came as part of the package)
I thought...if they are alive...I'll "booby-trap" them and see if they've moved when I come back. I headed off to do chores and when I returned, Hermie was gone.
Vanished-No where to be found.
You're thinkin' --Guess he's alive. Right you are.
I finally found him climbing up the coffee pot cord. Yep.
Guess he's gonna hang out with us for a while, pet that he is.
You can see Hermie climbing to the top of the coconut shell here--
No comments:
Post a Comment