DISCLAIMER: This post has absolutely nothing to do with the brush fires across the country right now, just in case the blog police are reading this and it crosses their mind. :-)
I came home to find Daddy, Macguyver that he is, (really, he could win that Survivor show easily..the things I have seen him do are unreal) demonstrating to the kids how to start a fire boy scout style. The key is the magnifying glass. Now I knew you could do this-I learned about it in science class when I wasn't tuned out (it's no wonder why the law was a better fit) but I hadn't actually tried it nor seen it done. I was fascinated. As were the kids. It was a hot day and the sunlight got that wood smoking in no time. We didn't allow a flame to start-on purpose- we figured it was better to stick with smoke....you know how fire intrigues kids. One of the neat things about having kids is you get to revisit really cool lessons in life and it's just plain fun. I find more and more that most of these neat lessons are more appreciated now than when I was young....I guess what my father in law says is right...."Youth is wasted on the young".
No comments:
Post a Comment