It's a Thankful Tuesday around here.
Thankful for a few simple things: To be able to start out my day like this.....
a pretty morning. a quiet home. hot coffee in a fall mug. God's Word. Queen Esther.
I have learned so much from the orphan-girl-turned-Queen. And I've enjoyed this Bible study more than any other I think. As you can see above, the subtitle of the study is "It's Tough Being a Woman".
What do ya think, ladies? Is it tough sometimes?I thought you'd say so. I think I heard more than a few "Amen!"s.
We're in week 8 of the study - only two weeks left - I hate for it to end! Each DVD session Beth has talked about life scenarios in which It's Tough Being a Woman. For example, a couple weeks ago, it went like this: "It's tough being a woman who feels responsible for the how". She talked about how we {women} tend to feel responsible for making "it all" work - ya know - figuring it all out. Sometimes, for everybody around us. Anybody trying to make it all make sense, fit together, work it all out? And feeling responsible, even guilty, when it doesn't? :-)
Beth has covered some really relevant topics in this study....fear, beauty, timing!, identity, & pure meanness to name a few. Man, it has been good! I've been reminded daily that God's word talks directly to the trials that come before us- day in, day out. If we'd only READ His Word, we'd get the daily memo on what to do when we don't know what to do!
Anyway, it's gonna be a great Tuesday!
And if it's not,
well....
God will still be in control. His plans will still be infallible. And if the day turns out a little tough, He'll still be there to help me- help us- get through it with grace. Here are some verses that have come to mind for today:
"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him." Matthew 6:8
Your heavenly Father knows what you need..."seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you. Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:25-34
"God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day." Psalm 46:5
Maybe these might help you today like I know they're gonna help me...

No comments:
Post a Comment