This week: my peanut butter banana shake
Because I have been asked about this several times recently, I decided to share it on this Tuesday because it is yummy enough for a 2 Thumbs Up!
I have this shake for breakfast several mornings of the week, and sometimes I have it for lunch/dinner if I'm short on time or on the go. It's chock full of good-for-you stuff and tastes so good- it goes down way too fast.
Here's what I put into my blender:
-About 1 cup of ice
-1 banana-1 scoop (about a tablespoon or so) of creamy peanut butter - if you're watching sugar, the shake is still good with low-sugar PB and all-natural PB
-1 Tbl of flax seed oil-1 scoop protein powder. I usually use vanilla. (Note*all protein powder is not created equal...some are very chalky and just plain yuck. My pick is Jay Robb's as pictured above.)
-1 container plain, low fat or fat free yogurt.Obviously, you can add just about anything to make it your own depending on what you like. I've added and subtracted many things according to what I have "in stock" but the above is my preferred and usual way to make it.
1 comment:
That sounds yummy!! I will have to try it. I have been on a smoothie kick myself - 1/2 cup low fat milk, 1/2 plain fat free yogart, 1 cup frozen strawberries, 1 tbsp honey. I want to add some protein to it, so I will have to try the one you are using. Attepting to buy protein frustrates me. There are too many too choose from and reading the label can get just plain confusing.
Post a Comment