I'm frustrated. Why? I'm scheduled to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in exactly 30 days and I feel absolutely unprepared. My training has been sabatoged with one thing after another, the biggest of which is this blasted sickness that just hangs on. And on. I feel like I've been sick more days than not this year.
This morning, I was determined to get back on track seeing that the race is a matter of days away. So I packed up my Kleenex and Cepacol and headed to the gym for some weight training. Augh. Breaking a sweat makes me nauseous.
Then I came home and barely persevered through 1 1/2 mile of agony, stopping every few mailboxes to cough and blow my nose. Seriously. What am I gonna do?
My fear is that I'm going to relapse and be stuck in bed again and then it'll be curtains for my big marathon debut. I'm telling you - I'm SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED. Anybody know what I'm talkin' bout?????
Us Heidi's have been looking for the just right outfit to wear for this Inaugural Princess race. After all, it is a race for princesses...we must look the part. Heidi found a great shirt at Title Nine and I think it's our pick:
Don't know if you can read all of it but it talks about being FIT...A FIT woman is Fit for everything. Fit to to throw our children up in the air....Fit to throw caution to the wind...Fit to stand on the sidelines cheering or Fit to lace up our cleats and be cheered on....

only thing is...I couldn't feel more UN fit. I feel like a washed-out-has-been-athlete with a drippy nose. Again....AUGH.
I do have hope though. As Toby Mac played in my IPod a few minutes ago, I was like the Little Blue Engine "I think I can, I think I can." Toby can get me motivated. (That's what your listening to right now if your speakers are turned up. ) Let's hope that keeps me going.
2 comments:
Relate? Absolutely. As we keep telling each other...we can do it!!!
I love reading your blog!! I can totally relate. Just keep reminding yourself about that feeling you get after a good run. I admire you for doing a half marathon. You are braver than me! Erin
Post a Comment