At the outset, I just want to say that it is no fun to shop when you're sick. A lot of the joy is just sucked right out when you hack your way down every aisle at Target. Plus the other shoppers give you dirty looks. Like you're carrying the HPV germ - they get outta your way pretty quick.
Even still, I managed.
I went out of town yesterday for a routine doctor's visit. And because I don't get out much, I felt compelled to take advantage of that out-of-town opportunity to hit a few favorite hot spots despite my strong desire to drive right home and get back in my cozy bed. Have I mentioned that I have been under the weather?
For the record, this Because-I'm-out-of-town-and-don't-when-it'll-happen-again-so-I-must-go-shopping-even-though-I'm-sick-theory is something only a woman could understand.
So to help my feelings, I browsed the shoe dept. at Macy's. Man, were they having a sale! and I can now tell you that trying on beautiful shoes that are 50% off is better than Thera-Flu. Serious.
All that said, I must share with you the silver lining to my my bout with battling the snowbirds, while sick, on the COLDEST day of the year.
I am so excited to wear these, I don't care if it's 50 degrees outside or not.
And for the littlest shoe addict...these beauties from Target will get her all ready for spring. Honestly though, today, spring espadrilles are not foremost on my mind as I add another layer of socks to my freezing feet.
I totally thought this was worth sharing.....take it from a girl who knows:
~"The right shoes can change your life!"
~Cinderella
2 comments:
What fun! (Well, other than the being sick part). :) I'm so jealous of your shoe purchase. I wear a size 11 (size 12 if I'm honest with myself...which I'm not) so stores never have shoes that fit me, and when they do they look like clown shoes in my size. :)
Hope you're feeling better!
Oh, oops! That last comment was from me. I was accidentally logged in to an old blogging account I used to use. :)
Post a Comment