Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Daddy Goes Back to School

Aynsley's class is learning about occupations right now and each day one of their parent's pays a visit to chat with the class about their career. A few days ago, R went in to share with her class of 5 year olds. When I asked her what Daddy talked about, her response was "Bones and blood, Momma". That simple. I soooooo wish I could have been a fly on the wall when they sang "the knee bone's connected to the hip bone". He said it was a tough crowd :-)



I told him it was a shame that the day before his turn, the guest visitor had been a "real live soldier who hides in the bushes and kills people, MOM!". No wonder it was a hard crowd.

Here is a shot taken by her teacher - anatomical charts in the background- and you can see who is smitten.
He received an entire envelope of thank you notes, hand written from each one of the kids. Very sweet.
A few days later, she came home with this classwork. Can you tell what she has drawn here?
She says the patient laying down is sick and her words: "When I grow up, I want to be a doctor and make them feel better."

No comments: