{Yes, I'm aware that I'm posting this two days after the big day but I've been sick in bed and blogging was the least of my priorities. I've been much more concerned about rationing out my Cepacol lozenges so as not to run out. I'm hoping that today I'm turning the corner. It's no wonder that practically everybody I know is sick...how can we handle 80 degree days and then 24 hours later throw on sweaters because it dropped to 50???}
I hear from Phil that we're in for another 6 weeks of winter. And I just checked our forecast and we're in for temps in the 20's this week. Ouch. Ya'll, I just don't think I can take that. Look at this...
It's plum pitiful. I know you readers up north are laughing at me right now but I'm serious...this guava tree below was growing some killer guavas for us to sink our teeth into and now look at it. Guavas no more.
You know, 6 more weeks of winter sounds brutal. I'm longing for a warm tropical breeze. So I got to thinkin' bout ole Phil. How does he know what he knows? And just how reliable is he? I did some reading and it's quite fascinating- the history behind the superstition. Do you know that since 1887, Phil has seen his shadow 97 times! And hasn't seen it only 15 times! (I got all that from the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club website which can really hook ya if you're into that sort of thing. Interesting critter that Phil.) Those statistics sound a little fishy...
Anywhoo- I guess you know where we'll be in the next few days...getting out our blankets and preparing to cover every living thing in our yard.
~Brrr!~
No comments:
Post a Comment