Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What's For Supper?


Alright, here's the start of what I hope to be a weekly post topic.

Most every day, starting about 5 ish, I hear the same thing coming from my family : "What's for supper?" You probably hear it too.

Do you ever get tired of making the same old thing for dinner? Yep, me too. So I want to know what you're cookin'. I want to know your tried and true recipes. The ones you make as a routine and there is no "recipe"...it's just in your head. Those are the family favorites--it's what they like!

And I'll share what I'm cookin'. And maybe we can swap some ideas and freshen up everybody's nightly meal. Sound good? I thought so. As further incentive for you to comment and share your recipes, I might even give away a little goodie through a random "drawing" of participants. Maybe we'll start that next week. This week, I'll share. You get to thinkin' on it and I expect some participation next week! It's for the greater good, people!

So, what's for supper?
For us, it was fried pork chops and baked sweet potatoes. And a few home-grown tomatoes (courtesy of Nannie...thank you!) tossed in balsamic vinegar. It was pretty simple tonight...not a lot of sides. My fam likes the meat 'n taters.

What about you?

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

I've been waiting until I actually cooked a meal to comment.

Last night it was meatloaf, roasted potatoes, broccoli, and salad for us. Oh, and fresh strawberries for dessert!

I can't believe more people didn't comment on this!!!!