Wednesday, February 25, 2009

News You Can't Live Without

I would only offer you readers the best around. No wimpy news stories here. Only what you must know. And what you will not hear on CNN.



It was a sad day for Jack - he has been swiped his manhood. It was time. He's getting up there in dog years and we hope it will curb his recent unacceptable habits. Jack is a very good and extremely smart dog. He is truly one of kind and if you've been around him, you know exactly what I mean -he is no ordinary canine. He stays in his own yard, he knows Iams from Kibbles 'n Bits, and he knows people by name. Really. He's exceptional. But in these last 8 months, he has basically just completely flipped out and lost his cotton-pickin' mind.



He has taken a liking to going on long walk-abouts. Very long walk-abouts. I think he's been courting some pink-bow-wearing-chihuahua 3 miles away and he will not stay home. Now, this kind of behavior is to be expected on occasion, when a particularly beautiful dog is in heat a few blocks over, but his behavior is not explainable! He's been staying gone for 8+ hour stretches and I cannot tell you the hours we have spent combing the community for that exceptional dog! So, all that said, there will be no more pups from Jack. I know that saddens some...his offspring seem to carry the exceptional gene too... but we must do what we must do.


Here is a shot of him post-op. Man, doesn't he look happy with us.





Other earth shattering news? My Spring 2009 edition of Life Beautiful magazine came in the mail today and it has inspired an elaborate bath plan complete with chocolate, candles, and chocolate milk so that I may complete engross myself in it. How else does a gal celebrate such a great mail day? If you are not familiar with this publication, you must get familiar. My friend Robyn has previously written a fab post all about it and I quote her: "It's Martha Stewart Living quality meets Southern Living style" - and it's faith based- chock full of tidbits from contributors like Dr. James Dobson, Joyce Meyer, Gary Smalley, etc. click here to read her review and get info...she has saved me loads of time which I need because as I previously mentioned, my bubble bath is calling.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Yea...its here...I shall go get my copy tomorrow to enjoy this weekend...

RHV