Saturday, April 4, 2009

Day Five

Whew! I had to spend a lot of Day 5 recouping from Days 3 and 4...did I mention that I was up until the morning hours on Day 3?? That kind've ruined me for a couple days and so I guess it's fair to say that I'm not as young as I used to be.
With all the Spring Break hoop-la, we abandoned all routine --boycotting all types of cleaning, laundry, and grocery shopping --and this place looked like a bomb went off. So a large part of Friday was spent getting some kind of organization going around here and resting in between tasks because we were still whipped from Thursday. I have a sneaking suspicion that Monday morning might be a tad challenging. Mostly for the Momma. I've gotten quite used to this have-fun-all-the-time-and-ignore-the-chores thing!
I figured since we were cleaning and having to do some type of labor, we should do it while rockin' out to loud music...nothing like a little Third Day blaring in the background to make the scrubbing go faster. Aynsley loved it but spent most of her time running into her room to change into a different dress with every song that came on. (I guess each one varies with how it twirls to the beat.) So she proved to be little help with the Comet & Pledge but she knows every word to Tomlin's "Sing, Sing, Sing".
The kids helped with dinner (by this I mean they donned an apron and sat on the counter eating raw pasta as I cooked) which was some kind of sauteed onion & garlic with shrimp pasta dish that we completely made up with little to no ingredients (remember...no shopping this week) that came out quite yummy when paired with garlic bread and spinach salad and then Aynsley and I settled in for a little mani-pedi session. See finished product below.




No comments: