Thursday, April 16, 2009


"Not-So-White-Pizza"

We used to call this "White Pizza" (named after a favorite of Rod's in a Texas restaurant) but then we started adding spinach & sun dried tomatoes and now it's not so white. :-) This is a family favorite and we have it often. Here's what I do.

I prefer the pizza dough that those nice ladies in the Publix bakery make. Just ask them for a ball of it and you'll be set. I roll it out and brush a little bit of EVOO on top.

In a saute pan, I get a small amount of olive oil hot and add diced onions (at least one whole onion) and fresh garlic (as many cloves as you like). Once the onions are soft and translucent, I add several boneless skinless chicken breasts (thin sliced) that have been well seasoned with S, P, and Garlic. {Let them rest for a while before slicing them up.}
On top of the pizza dough lightly brushed with OO, I spread one thin layer of cheese (usually a mix of mozz, provolone, or whatever Italian cheese mixture you like), followed by sliced cooked chicken breast and the onions, garlic and remaining scrapings of the pan, chopped fresh spinach, finely chopped sun dried tomatoes, another layer of Italian cheeses, and on top I crumble some goat cheese. That is the secret weapon. Yum.
{I do not recommend buying the little 'tub' of goat cheese...buy the roll of it (& if you've not worked with goat cheese before, it's kind've wet and you'll find you can pinch it off and crumble it then just drop it on top) }
Bake till crust is done and top is golden. Enjoy!
(FYI, the only reason the spinach is not all over in this pic is my son will not eat anything green so I left a little area without it)

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

I really should try this...Oren is all about pizza these days and he'd LOVE making it with me.

Thanks for the idea!