Tuesday, May 26, 2009

(6/6/09 note about the silence of the blog-
I have been more than a little surprised
by the number of complaints
(though playful in nature) I have received
at my failure to update
in the last 2 weeks.
Even my non-computer-using father called
while I was cleaning house to inform
that I simply needed to get on the ball.
And I quote.."put down that mop and get on that computer!!!"-
This from a man who truly does not know
how to open the Internet browser to find the blog!
How do you read it, Pop?

So, I hereby acknowledge my tardiness -
sorry for leaving you readers hanging....
because I know you have been
on the edge of your seat wondering
what in the world is up with Everyday Life?
Haven't you?


Indeed, it is quite unusual for me to be so negligent...but the fact
of the matter is that everyday life got in the way of Everyday Life!
And that's how it should be! I'm going to take a cue from my pal Heidi
and let it happen more often. :-)
Rod and I returned from our getaway weekend
very rested and relaxed
only to get smacked right in the forehead with REALITY! Can you imagine it? :-)
We hit the ground running .....
Tristan's birthday, graduation & tailgate parties, end of the year programs, etc-
it's been a whirlwind of activity -I'm gonna try to post a little about all of it! We'll see...
From my vantage point this morning,
the sky is gray and storms are looming
so let's pretend we're still on island time shall we.....
grab a glass of tea, stick an umbrella in it, and let's catch up!}

Sun's comin' up on Little Torch Key...
...& coffee is definitely in order....



Let me introduce you to our little island. Well, at lease we consider it ours. We discovered this little piece of heaven while on our honeymoon and every so often we pay it a visit. We call it Seagram's Sand and on it we explore, we lounge, and simply take it all in. Ahhhh....


Slide out of your flops and come take a look....

Peek through the mangroves to see what you can see....

...cast your net and catch a few...


...or sit & soak a spell.


See that shell there?

Wondering if there could be an inhabitant?
You're right!

These two were duking it out in the water-
That's me goin' down-


Never know what ya' mind find down there...Rod picked up these "pin cushions" (sea urchins)-it's rare to find them fully intact... aren't they beauts?




Our original plan was to catch a boat full of mahi offshore but the wind just wouldn't cooperate. So after taking several waves over the bow, we decided to anchor up at Looe Key and explore. What I'm trying to show you in this pic is the magnificent reef -water was clear this day and you could visibly see the wonders beneath the surface...
Lunch time - a little tuna hits the spot...
the old Bahia Honda Bridge....a real piece of history- for the Keys, but also for Rod and I, who each in our childhood, spent many hours in these waters hunting for "meat"....
My cousin Matt took these shots from the No Name Bridge....




My Man - The Captain:

I'd like to be able to tell you that this was my catch. I can't. But it should have been. :-)

This nice bull actually belongs to Unk and company...

Nice one!

Before we left our island paradise, we included our signatures on the autograph tree...


Our contribution:

Life Is Good.

2 comments:

Heidi S said...

THIS is the kind of summer I'm looking forward to!!!

My favorite picture, you ask? That would be the one of your feet in the hammock. Great interpretation of your weekend away!

Robyn said...

Wow! LOVELY! You've been quite the busy blogger! Such nice summaries of the past couple of weeks worth of memories! (And your new camera sure is doing those memories justice)!