For the past 9 months, I have had the privilege to serve on my church's Pastor Search Team. Our mission seemed simple - find the exact man that God had been preparing for our very unique church. That may or may not sound like a small task to you. I can most assuredly tell you that it was not. It was quite a long haul. I said it was a privilege and it was. But I would also tell you that there were many times in these last months that I considered the service to be tedious, frustrating, and all-out exhausting. But God is good. He always leads the way if we seek Him. And this process was no different. He gave our team strength when we were tired, patience when ours was wearing thin, and wisdom when we let our human-ness get in the way. He paved the way ahead of us and continually led us to one man.
So, here we are in May and our new pastor has moved to LP and we are all settling in and looking forward....God is up to some really cool things here in our little community and I am just plain excited about it all.
So what does all that have to do with tailgating in May? Well, it just so happens that our new pastor is a Florida Gator fan. So we thought it appropriate to throw a little tailgate party to welcome he and his family to FBC. What fun! I thought I'd share a few snapshots from the evening. I am not a Gator fan but this one's for you, Brett and Mandy....."Go Gators!"
Leaving encouraging welcome notes....

No comments:
Post a Comment