Monday, May 4, 2009

Whew!

Can I hear another?
Whew!

Intense would be a good way to describe this afternoon.
Incident #1:
Aynsley's mouth gets bumped while playing in the pool with her brother and friend Oren resulting in lots of blood, two loose teeth, one black-ish tooth, and what we expect to be a sooner than later visit from the tooth fairy. I do not have any pictures of incident #1 or its aftermath because frankly, unless you are dentist in the midst of research, you would not want to see these teeth right now. (side note....I definitely know that I chose the correct profession b/c I can barely look at it without becoming queasy). We'll keep you posted.
Incident #2:
About the time Aynsley's mouth stopped bleeding, she and Oren decided to climb on the dresser pictured below in an attempt to get a better view of Oren's pet fish in the tank atop the dresser. Unfortunately the weight of the two of them together caused the dresser, and fish tank on top, all to come tumbling down on top of them. Let's just say that the two of them learned a valuable lesson the hard way. And I do mean hard. And wet. After ascertaining that the two of them were fine, not pain free, but fine, we realized that we should be snapping pictures of it all. Too bad we didn't have one of the scene we walked into....drenched kids screaming, fish floppin' on the carpet, furniture overturned onto the kids. But here's the best we've got.....
David (to the rescue!) cleaning up the water, shattered tank, pebbles, etc.
{In case you are wondering, no fish were harmed in the course of this incident. And from what I hear, Fred the fish is swimming about in a brand new fish tank. He made out like a bandit didn't he?}

Here Aynsley is showing off her teeth, and Oren is not quite over his aching knee. Poor guys.
But I guess their injuries were nothing that a little "Kung Fu Panda" watching wouldn't make better....


Heidi, next time they play, let's be prepared with mouth guards and padded body suits, shall we?

1 comment:

Heidi S said...

I'm writing on my Wal-Mart list...

1. mouth guards...
2. padded body suits...

Can I even get padded body suits at Wal-Mart? We may have to go to a specialty shop for those.

A wild ride it was!