Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bird Story update

What is it with our family and birds? Things just don't go smoothly with them. I made a faux-pas today. I was curious if the baby birds had gotten big enough to leave the nest. So, I climbed up to take a peek (with my camera, of course) at the furry little things. Obviously, I hadn't thought this idea through. I guess I scared them into testing their wings b/c all of a sudden there was squawking and squealing and momma bird trying to get me out of the tree...before I knew it the babies decided to try to fly. All did well except for one who landed on a lower limb. Now, you guys know what a death sentence that is for a baby bird...we got Jack on the deck asap so he couldn't cause harm but I can't control what else is lurking. Rod attempted to get the babe back into the nest but it was impossible. I feel sick about it...I just asked Rod if we should go out there and check to see if the bird is still there. Ya never know, maybe he'll be fine.

On a positive note, the kids were excited -they got to experience the whole thing -
it was a good teachable lesson,
for them and for me.

1 comment:

BuckeyeNP said...

HEIDI HO! i found you on Heidi K's blog. Love your blog, your kids are just gorgeous. I mean, really, can we get these guys into a j crew catalog? They look like quite a pair!

I am so jealous you went to see beth Moore. I'm a huge fan! I saw her in Cleveland last year and I have a group of 3 friends + myself who meet on Sunday nights - we're slowly knocking out one study after another. Last year we did Daniel and we just finished Stepping Up. Daniel knocked my socks off, that is for sure.

well I was happy to find you here...again, the kids are adorable (& you look great too!) :) erin