Monday, April 28, 2008

Can I Just Vent ?

Of course I can! It's my own blasted blog! Here goes....
Is my family being sabotaged? To start with, Thursday afternoon, I started having cold-like symptoms and it worsened over the weekend. A scientific description for how I have felt would be just plain yuck. Achiness, headaches, the chills, runny nose, stuffed head, swollen eyes, scratchy throat, the list goes on. I guess its the common cold. And I don't know how any germ could survive the mass doses of effervescent remedies I have consumed. You name it: Emergen-C, Airborne, Alka-Seltzer, Sudafed......you could say I am giving it the shotgun approach. Talk about calling my training to a screeching halt. I did run this morning but only b/c race day is 6 DAYS AWAY and I can't afford to have a cold slow me down. That I feel too bad to run is stress in and of itself. Aynsley woke up Sat. a.m. with a swollen eye and mosquito bites all over her face. We thought maybe she was bit on the eyelid too and that was the cause. I kept all of us home from church Sunday ( I hate to miss church) due to all our afflictions thinking we'd take it easy , ya know - rest. (plus I couldn't explain what was happening to her eye and what was I gonna say to all the other moms thinking "is it contagious?...."). She looks like she's been boxing with Mohammed Ali - it's swollen shut. Red as a beet. Took her to the doctor (wait...that story is coming) this morning and turns out eye has an infection. She's on high powered antibiotics-he says it has to improve quickly or he's sending us to the special eye doc. And someone must've slipped a drive- your- mother -crazy- pill in Tristan's sippy cup b/c he is as mean as a snake. I've never encountered Tristan like this...he won't agree to ANYTHING these last couple days. Potty training has all but gone down the tubes b/c suddenly he simply doesn't want to go on the tiny potty. Could a mom have a break? Oh but I'm not done. I didn't mention that I waited at the doctor's office this morning for 1 hour and 45 minutes before Aynsley ever saw the doctor. That's enough right there to send you to the looney bin. If my husband's office operated like that, we would have no patients. Is that not crazy?
Aynsley's birthday is in a few days and I don't even have her a present for 2 reasons...we were supposed to take her out of town this past weekend for her Birthday Date with Mommy & Daddy and had to cancel it due to our infirmities. #2 - I called today to find out why UPS hadn't delivered the one thing I had ordered for her birthday and guess what, it's on back order till June 30. Great. And I just discovered a fever blister on my lip! AUGHHH! Did I mention that I just don't feel good...and lovebug season is starting already!!! AUGHHH....Anybody out there ever have one of these days?

3 comments:

Spencer Girl said...

Vent away-I have three kids under the age of 4, we have one of these kind of days about every two weeks. And the last time I took the boys to the doctor by myself I told Jon I would pay someone to come with me before I would do that again! Love ya girl!

Heidi S said...

I am so feeling sorry for you! I won't hand you one of my stories since, honestly, they truly can't top what you've been dealing with the past few days. I will pray that all sicknesses will get better, that Tristan will turn back into the little boy you used to know, that moods will lift, and that you'll run like the wind in the next few days as you continue to get ready for the Minnie. What's that saying that is supposed to encourage you? "This too shall pass." Oh pu-leez!!! Lots of love to you!

Robyn said...

Just reading at 9:36p.m....NOW I know why I did not call you back this afternoon in my MOOD...it was a good thing I prayed it out...I sang "my girl" a couple times in my head...(and was introdued to Stella the fudge maker)!