Some of you know that about January-ish, I started contemplating entering Disney's Minnie marathon in May. It's a 15K race (9.3 miles) that is only for women (hence Minnie!) and it starts in the Animal Kingdom and goes through several of the parks with the finish line in Epcot. I spent several months on the fence about whether or not I should register...it has been such a confidence battle in my mind -I'd train for a week and then decide I couldn't do it. Back and forth, really self defeating. With the encouragement and inspiration from several friends, I decided on my birthday that I could in fact do it and have registered for the race. I'm totally excited and focused! It's going to be really neat - all those women "running the world".
I'm like Heidi S., now that I've posted this, I can't back out now, right! :-)
BTW-Heidi, you have been one of those who has inspired.
Thanks, Darryl and Doreen for giving me that push that I needed to commit.

1 comment:
Woohoo! I'm so proud of you! I can't wait to hear how it is. I didn't realize that it runs through the parks. What a great way to take the focus off of the running and just look at everything! Maybe I'll attempt this one next year. By the way, I did watch Beth's blog as it all went down. Last night before bed I checked again and my heart did a little leap for joy when I read that she had come home. Have a great day and train hard!
Post a Comment