Friday, April 18, 2008

A quick tale of garbage

About a week ago, on garbage pick-up day, Rod put the garbage can out by the road as usual. As a matter of routine, I retrieve the can right after the truck hauls off the garbage. That morning, I did the normal and headed out to get the can but discovered it had already been hauled in from the road and put back in place right outside the garage-lid on- just right. Unusual. I thought..."Did Dale (the neighbor) do this act of good deed for me". But I looked over toward his house and Dale, along with his boat, were gone...fishing. I thought for a moment - the only other person around that morning was the T-Man. Now, my two year old son has seen us haul in that can countless times, but never did I suspect that he could...and would..do it on his own w/o suggestion or provocation.
I don't get to question witnesses anymore, so I happily set out to find him for direct examination and get to the bottom it it.
I asked "Bub, did you by chance go get the garbage can." He said "Yup". Hmm..seemed to be telling the truth but being suspicious, I wanted more info to verify his story so I said..."show me how you did it". He provided the demo, told me where he put it, along with the lid. I guess I was still in disbelief until this morning when it happened again. This time though, I caught him in the act....as usual, I grabbed my camera as I thought...this is bloggable! What a little helper --I watched as he proudly completed what I suppose is his new chore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
I was checking out Heidi K's blog and noticed one of your comments. Because I was curious, I decided to check out your blog as well. It appears you have been blessed with a beautiful family and things are going well for you. God is good, isn't he? I miss seeing you guys.

Darlene Cauffield